Coping With Your Difficult Older Parent, A Guide for Stressed-Out Children written by Grace Lebow and Barbara Kane with Irwin Lebow.
This is one of the best books describing the challenges with your difficult older parent. The professionals wrote this manual to guide adult children with practical hints and tips to smooth communication and relations with aging parents. The authors address issues such as:
- How to tell your parent he or she cannot live with you
- How to avoid the cycle of nagging and re criminations.
- How to prevent your parent’s negativity from overwhelming you.
- How to deal with an impaired parent who refuses to stop driving
- How to assess the risk factcors in deciding whether a parent is still able to live alone.
No one ever said that it’s easy raising parents!